Friday, October 24, 2008

Meet Rachel Ann Austin

UCU- When did you start your business?
RAA- I first started painting while working at an art supply store about five years ago. After that I worked part-time in an office while building my business and I finally went full time about two years ago. UCU- What is your favorite craft supply? RAA- I always look for a good brush and constantly stock up on too many tubes of paint.
UCU- Where do you sell your work?
RAA- I sell at several shops in Portland – Noun, Tilde, Flutter and Cheeky B. I have some other shops around the country and have a few other holiday shows this year – Crafty Wonderland and One of a Kind Show in Vancouver, BC. I also sell directly from my etsy site.
UCU- What is your favorite part of doing big shows such as UCU?
RAA- I love being a part of shows that highlight the great DIY culture and its fun to see so many fabulous artists and crafters in one place.
UCU- Most anticipated "hot item" at your booth this year?
RAA- My map paintings are always hot and I think my map pendants will be a big hit this year – The Seattle Times may be featuring them in their holiday gift guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment