Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Meet Sprout Jewelry

UCU- When did you start your business? SJ- I started selling as a hobby about 2 years ago. Things snowballed pretty quickly, and after a little over a year, I was able to leave my job to work on Sprout Jewelry full time! UCU- What is your favorite craft supply? SJ- It's always changing based on my latest inspiration! I love playing around with silver wire of different gauges, because it can just be used in so many different ways. UCU- Where do you sell your work? [gallery]SJ- I try to diversify my sales by doing markets and craft shows, as well as selling in stores and through my website. Etsy is also a huge source of sales. UCU- What is your favorite part of doing big shows such as UCU? SJ- I'm coming to Seattle from NYC, so I'm really excited to see the city and the sites! Big shows are great because there is so much energy and anticipation. The sellers are excited to see the crowds of eager shoppers and the shoppers are excited to have so many vendors and cool wares to choose from. UCU- Most anticipated "hot item" at your booth this year? SJ- My mixed metals line and sculptural, three dimensional pieces are really attracting a lot of interest. People really like to pick these pieces up and try them on. Then there are basics -- like my sterling silver stacking rings -- which people like because they go with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment