Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Meet Jonah from Maluhia Designs

UCU- When did you start your business? MD- A while back I was a Hawaiian/Polynesian dancer and that’s basically how my business got started.  I sold garment bags and tote bags to my hula sisters.  I started selling at events where my Hula group was performing and in Ocotber 2005 I discovered and signed up for Etsy and that was the beginning of my online presence.  Early last year I discovered and fell in love with Kawaii Japanese fabrics and at the same time I also took a break from Hula due to a knee injury. UCU- What is your favorite craft supply? MD- FABRIC and more FABRIC!!! UCU- Where do you sell your work? MD- I have a booth in downtown Renton at Happy Delusions, The Paperdoll in Bellingham has a few of my items, craft shows and of course ETSY. UCU- What is your favorite part of doing big shows such as UCU? MD- The shoppers and meeting other vendors.  I love talking to other vendors to get ideas and to learn from them. UCU- Most anticipated "hot item" at your booth this year? MD- You will have to wait and see.  I’m working on a few things right now that will debut at UCU. [gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment